|Posted on May 1, 2015 at 5:00 AM|
“Gratitude can transform common days into thanksgivings, turn routine jobs into joy, and change ordinary opportunities into blessings.” William Arthur Ward
Today’s Book: The Secret by Rhonda Byrne
Last night I had a group coaching class scheduled where the majority of the registrants didn’t show. Bummer right? NOT…. I was GRATEFUL for the opportunity to have the time to conduct the class. I was GRATEFUL for the seminar room that was available to me to conduct the class. I was GRATEFUL that at least one person was able to take away something positive from the experience of attending my class.
I know not everyone would’ve responded the way I did. Most of us are constantly under pressure and on the go with our fast-paced lifestyles. It's only natural to occasionally feel worn out or even a bit down from time to time after preparing, working and putting so much into all you do.
The good news is that something as simple as refocusing your attention from your challenges to acknowledging the things that you are grateful for in your life can instantly boost your mood.
Studies show that practicing gratitude on a regular basis can raise your mood and also boost your self-esteem, will power, long term health, and even your level of success in life!
Beat the blues with these practices to help you develop your sense of gratitude:
1. Keep a list of the things you’re grateful for. The next time that you feel angry, frustrated, or a bit depressed, make a list and literally count your blessings. Making a list helps you to stop obsessing over the current situation.
• Don't stop at just one list. Consider keeping a gratitude journal to record the things and events in your life for which you are grateful. Over time, you create a tangible record of all of the positive aspects of your life.
• Remember the Law of Attraction is also based on the simple principle of gratitude. Like attracts like. You attract what you are grateful for. So be grateful for what you have now and be grateful for what you don’t have yet but think of having it now in the present.
2. Start the day on a positive note. Set the tone and focus for the rest of your day by taking a few moments each morning to review the positive things in your life.
• Self-questions can be a great way to focus on the positive aspects of your life. Good questions to ask include: “What's something good that is happening right now,” “What opportunities await me today,” or “Whose love am I grateful for?”
3. Be alert to the goodness all around you. It's hard to have a positive attitude if you focus on only the negative things happening around you. Make a point to consciously seek the good in everything, especially in small, simple things such as a child's innocent laughter or the beauty found in nature.
4. Perform random acts of kindness. You can increase your own gratitude by being someone else's reason for thankfulness. Practice random acts of kindness by unexpectedly helping others.
• What may seem like a small act to you can be a very large act of generosity to someone who is in need. Look for opportunities each day to help someone else. The other person will be thankful for your generosity and you’ll be grateful for the boost in your self-esteem and mood.
5. A picture is worth a thousand words. Why not document the things that you’re grateful for by recording them with a photo? You can even spread the good thoughts around by sharing your gratitude pictures on your social media accounts.
6. Save notes of gratitude, instead of loose change, in a jar. Too busy to make gratitude lists or keep a gratitude journal? Try writing short notes about gratitude to yourself and keeping them in a jar!
• Whenever you need an encouraging word, remove one of the notes and read it to instantly perk up your mood!
• As the end of the year draws to a close, look back over your gratitude notes to be reminded of all of the good things that happened to you throughout the year.
There are difficult times in everyone's life, but practicing gratitude on a regular basis gives you the power and inspiration to remain positive as you overcome challenges.
Continue to follow me on my journey!
Join me on your own journey!
Let's do this together!
Peace, Happiness and Light to you!
Your Life Coach
Check out all the recommended readings and
purchase you next book in the Life Coach DM Book Store!