|Posted on October 13, 2016 at 5:00 AM|
“It is better to have a meaningful life and make a difference than to merely have a long life.” Bryant H. McGill
Today’s book: Way of the Peaceful Warrior: A Book That Changes Lives by Dan Millman
The hustle and bustle of daily life can sweep us away from what really means the most to us. It’s up to each one of us to figure out how to live a personally fulfilling life. Although much of your life is shared with others, you can still carve out your own space for a rich, meaningful life.
Take action now to live a life that you love:
1. Decide what matters most to you. If you say family is your number one priority, do you spend the majority of your spare time with them? How you spend your time largely determines what’s important to you. When you are ascertained who and what matters most to you, then that’s where you want to focus your time and energy.
2. Be present and mindful. If you’re planting flowers, think about packing the earth well and digging the hole deeply enough. Remind yourself to water them immediately afterward. Regardless of what you’re involved in, keep your mind focused.
• Even when you’re doing laundry, you can focus on how much you love the fresh clean smell and the warmth of the clothes and softness of the towels fresh out of the dryer.
3. Say what you mean and mean what you say. Do your words carilled with kindness and care, and carry along with them importance and honesty? Avoid mincing words. Get to the point, but remember to take the other person’s feelings into consideration. When your conversations contain subjects of interest and heartfelt feelings, it’s meaningful for you and the listener.
4. Find your passion. What peeks your interest, gets you excited, or fascinated? Has there ever been a subject that you think about all day long to the point where you can hardly stand it? If so, follow your passion. Make it an important part of your life as often as you can.
• If it’s chess, play it as often as you can. If your passion is working with children, then pursue it, whether it’s through working at a nursery school, becoming a school teacher, or volunteering as the neighborhood babysitter. Make it happen.
5. Don’t worry about what others think. Pay attention to what you think more than what anyone else thinks. If someone isn’t a relevant player in your personal life, then what they believe about you is irrelevant. What you believe about yourself is what matters.
• Use your emotional fortitude in ways that make your life better. Ensure that your opinion of yourself is great! Enforce this way of thinking with daily affirmations.
6. Instead of complaining, accept the situation or take action. You can’t control every situation. If you feel that something is out of your control, it’s likely time to just accept it. However, if it’s something that you’re not happy with is within your power to change, take action. Complaining is a waste of your precious time. Focus on problem-solving instead.
7. Accept responsibility for your life. If you’re unhappy, there’s no one else to blame. Sure others may have had a part in getting you to where you are now, but really, who had the final say? You always have the option to take action to change a situation. Step up and make some decisions to alter what troubles you.
• You are the captain of your own ship. Figure out the course you want to take and then stay on it.
8. Refuse to be judgmental. Focus on assessing your own life. Notice the good qualities in others vs. pointing out the negative. Making positive changes in yourself is where your power lies.
9. “Be the change you want to see in the world.” Said Mahatma Gandhi, a great man of peace. Make a difference in your own life and the lives of others. You’ll absolutely love yourself for it. Others will love what you’re doing, too. Volunteer. Join a club. Get involved!
An enriched, meaningful life is here for the taking. When your focus is clear, you can then expend your energy on the people and things that matter in your life. Isn’t it time to begin the journey toward a life filled with positivity and meaning? You deserve it!
Continue to follow me on my journey!
Join me on your own journey!
Peace, Happiness and Light to you!
Your Life Coach
Request a Free Coaching Session Today!
Check out all the recommended readings and purchase you next book in the Life Coach DM Book Store!!